Wired or wireless, I’ve always been connected. A little too connected. A little too dependent on being connected. So this morning when my cell died— my charger was in my car; my car was left at the bar– and my Internet connection failed, I felt anxious. I could not check my email. The world was ending. I could not see people’s statuses or mood updates on the various social media outlets. I was having trouble breathing. I couldn’t text. My heart was racing. It was an emergency. And then my friend J (who gave me a ride to my car) and Frontier tech support saved me from my dangerous lapse into another time when there was no e-anything. I’m better now. Ahhhhhhhh.
July 19, 2008
I Felt Out of Touch With The World. I Was Scared.
About Donna Talarico
Higher ed web marketing. Creative writer. Love word games. View all posts by Donna Talarico
This entry was posted on Saturday, July 19th, 2008 at 10:34 pm and posted in technology. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Subscribe to feed
Welcome, Friends!This is me.
This is what I do.
- Beautiful day to take train into Philly from Lancaster for a lunch with publishing pals. #litmaglife #publife… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 55 minutes ago
- RT @submittable: #Submishmash Weekly: 'To heck with suspense' bit.ly/2Lovxs4 10 hours ago
- At a library fundraiser at Character’s Pub! - Drinking a Worker's Comp Saison by @2RoadsBrewing @ Character's Pub — untp.beer/s/c626583972 15 hours ago
- @bamadesigner Oooh. But you know I'd follow you anywhere. :) 18 hours ago
- @MeadowsWriter @brevitymag Thank you for reading and sharing!! 19 hours ago
- Are You a Higher Ed Hero? Helix Launches Interactive Enrollment GameEarlier this year, Helix Education released its Enrollment Growth Playbook, a guide to attracting and retaining students. More recently, the company morphed the idea behind that book (to grow enrollment) into an online game of sorts. In Enrollment Growth Hero, you, the player, will turn into a caped campus crusader, visiting various stakeholders across campu […]
- Be Kind. Kinder Than Ever: Your Neighbors and Strangers May Be More Stressed and Sad Than Ever BeforeYou know that moment. Where you’re waiting in line. A long line. And you’re bored. And you’re aggravated. So you pull out your phone and tell the world, via social media, that the line at Such and Such Coffee Co. or This Particular Fast Food Joint, is long. Or that they got your order wrong. […]
- Why We Have One Car: Or, Why We’re Embracing the Frugal(er) LifeI’ve been meaning to write a post about what it’s like to have one car for a while. The other day, someone asked a “how the heck do you manage?”-type question, so I thought I’d share. Maybe not so much the “how,” but more of the “why.” When my husband’s car broke down last spring, […]
- Are You a Higher Ed Hero? Helix Launches Interactive Enrollment Game